Ok, up until now, I haven’t been using my blog for it’s intended purpose, which is as a project log. What I had been doing was basically using it as a showcase for my completed projects. So, for the very first time, I’ll post on something that’s yet to be completed (and possibly never will).
I’ve mentioned giving my brother my old PICkit 2 clone. He was embarking on a project involving LED matrix displays. I’ve never used these before so I tought it might be fun to play with one. So I got myself the beefiest of LED matrix displays, an RGB 8×8. That’s a total of 192 individual LEDs.
Completed this a while ago, but was too lazy to write a post. Anyways, here it is, my new and (aesthetically) improved PICkit 2 clone. As I’ve mention in this post, I didn’t come up with the circuit but got it from MCU Hobby.
What I did was redo the layout. Everything is surface mounted, even the header that’s not supposed to be.
First, let’s look at how my old PICkit 2 clone looked like: